Thread: Which nightstand gun safe to purchase?

I know this is probably asked a lot but I want to know what you use. I have a larger safe that I store my firearms in but I need something to keep by my bedside so the little one can't get a hold of it. I want something that is pretty quick to access if needed at night.
    I am leaning towards getting a GunVault but while they mostly get decent reviews, there are plenty of bad reviews about them.

Gunvault link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-GV1000D-Mini-Vault-Deluxe/dp/B002HOLG2I/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I have no experience w/that or any other safe for that matter... Guess I'm not a safe type of guy But in looking at that one, I couldn't help but see that 1/3 of the reviews were at 3 stars or below. That's typically one of the things I look at (personally)... There were less that half that rated it at 5 stars.
    Motorcycle Racing - Because baseball, basketball, football, and golf only require one ball!

Special thanks to my 2015 Sponsors:

- MRRF-Motorcycle Road Racing Forums

- Schuberth Helmets

- Held Gloves/Leathers

- Riders Discount

- Pit Posse

- Woodcraft

- PMtec, Inc.

- Motul

...as compared to this one... where only 15% rate it at 3 stars or below and ~63% rated it at 5 stars. More than twice the cost though... but may illude to paying for what you get?

http://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-Opening-Biometric-Fingerprint-Safe/dp/B004FO37AC/ref=pd_sbs_hi_4
    Motorcycle Racing - Because baseball, basketball, football, and golf only require one ball!

- Schuberth Helmets

- Held Gloves/Leathers

- Riders Discount

- Pit Posse

- Woodcraft

- PMtec, Inc.

- Motul

Priced 1/2 in between... decent reviews it appears... interesting design and I like that it has a backup key override.

http://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-SpeedVault-SV500-gun-safe/dp/B006OGNLKA/ref=pd_sbs_sg_9

- Schuberth Helmets

- Held Gloves/Leathers

- Riders Discount

- Pit Posse

- Woodcraft

- PMtec, Inc.

- Motul

I keep my crossman pumped 5 times just for the stun factor. I'll run a quick 10 up for any kill shots if needed. I keep it in the corner next to my bunny slippers.
    "To know and not to do is not to know"...uuuhhh..Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
    Priced 1/2 in between... decent reviews it appears... interesting design and I like that it has a backup key override.
    http://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-SpeedVault-SV500-gun-safe/dp/B006OGNLKA/ref=pd_sbs_sg_9
    I have this same one ^ Haven't had any problems with this safe! Also the first safe like this I have owned!
    Some people are like slinkies-not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people

to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

~The Second Amendment

I went ahead and ordered it today.
    It seems that is of jan 2012 they changed it to one 9 volt battery instead if 8 AAA's and that fixed the problem, plus it has a AC adapter and key.
    I actually just saw a Glock commercial on FB that someone posted and they use it in the commercial. Gunny Lee Hermy is also in it

You may find some great night gun safe here.