Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 06 GSXR1000 Bazzaz ZFi/QS/TC - FI warning on dash

I actually had the exact same thing happen to me last weekend. Moving pretty good in the decreasing radius at NJMP and bike shut off and back on again, then shut off again. I pulled it to the grass almost getting hit by a pack of riders behind me. After a bit, I tried to turn the bike back on and it did. rode it to pit lane, and tried pulling out again... accelerating the bike lost power and felt like it was going to shut off, so I turned it around back into pit. Tried gassing it in the parking lot back section and bike shut off again. Pushed it to my pit and pulled the codes from dealer mode... C32-C35. Waited until next session, bike turned on fine, so I tried going out there to test it, worked fine. Started pushing harder and no issues... have no idea what it was.
    I have an 07 GSXR750 with the Bazzaz Z-FI/QS/TC in there.
    One thing that I'm thinking about is... I have the usb hooked up to the Bazzaz and leave it close to under the seat, so I don't have to take the tail off in case I need to plug in my laptop to the bazzaz... I'm thinking the usb was hitting some metal parts of the frame and shorted out the bazzaz when the bike was shutting off? It's either that or it has to do with the heat, maybe something comes loose when it gets really hot? Seemed like it happened when I was moving pretty good for a couple of laps.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMad7700 View Post
    I actually had the exact same thing happen to me last weekend. Moving pretty good in the decreasing radius at NJMP and bike shut off and back on again, then shut off again. I pulled it to the grass almost getting hit by a pack of riders behind me. After a bit, I tried to turn the bike back on and it did. rode it to pit lane, and tried pulling out again... accelerating the bike lost power and felt like it was going to shut off, so I turned it around back into pit. Tried gassing it in the parking lot back section and bike shut off again. Pushed it to my pit and pulled the codes from dealer mode... C32-C35. Waited until next session, bike turned on fine, so I tried going out there to test it, worked fine. Started pushing harder and no issues... have no idea what it was.

I have an 07 GSXR750 with the Bazzaz Z-FI/QS/TC in there.

One thing that I'm thinking about is... I have the usb hooked up to the Bazzaz and leave it close to under the seat, so I don't have to take the tail off in case I need to plug in my laptop to the bazzaz... I'm thinking the usb was hitting some metal parts of the frame and shorted out the bazzaz when the bike was shutting off? It's either that or it has to do with the heat, maybe something comes loose when it gets really hot? Seemed like it happened when I was moving pretty good for a couple of laps.
    C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
    C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
    C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
    C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4

Those are the 4 primary injectors. Check all the connection, make sure they are all clean and no corrosion. Make sure the power connection tap is a good connection as well. I don't know if having the USB plugged in all the time affects anything. I never tried riding around with a USB cord dangling out of the Bazzaz.
    CCS AM #478

i highly doubt that is the issue. if you want to be 100% sure, next time wrap plug of the USB cable in electrical tape
    -Jim-
    2014 ASRA SuperStock National Champion - Amateur Division
    Thanks to my 2016 sponsors: All Balls Racing, Galfer, K&N, Motul, Yoshimura, Vortex, Woodcraft

[quote=SPL170db;18199]

C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
    C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
    C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
    C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4

When a code goes up and you do not see c33/c34, you know it's 1-4 wire or [ground] 1 wire or wire 4. So say if this was ground, would it not say both? If it was the the other wire, wouldn't it code just the one cylinder? So is not the piggy harness or OE harness ground wire at fault?

Or, we can say, has to be the ground wires to 1-4? If you were going that fast, the crank's momentum would keep the fire going 1-2-4-3, we have 3 firing then 1 does not fire, 2 comes around and fires back up, then 4. So both 1-4 cuts out and it goes dead to the side of the track.

Sound like 1-4 ground if it codes both injectors?